Purpose of the job:
- The Software Development Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for the planning, scheduling, budgeting, execution, and delivery of software and web projects. They will ensure the successful completion of all software projects and also oversee the people performing work on the projects.
- Manage and direct resources, schedules, financials and adheres to quality control guidelines through the full software development life cycle. This includes client relationship management, management of quoting, issues, risks, project changes to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
- Continuous improvement of project management framework and initiatives to improve quality, time, costs, and delivery to clients.
Client Relationship Management
- Proactively manage the day-to-day client relationship to ensure the project is delivered on time, within budget and scope.
- Prepare communication plan and project reports to key stakeholders to provide updates on activities and deliverables, as well as significant changes, risks and mitigation strategies.
- Conduct stakeholder meetings.
- Create and implement project plans in accordance with clients requirements and with the help of technical experts.
- Create and manage work breakdown structures
- Update the project plan on a daily basis, including deliverables, dependencies, assignments and outcomes.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects throughout their full lifecycle, from business analysis through project start up, execution, completion and wrap-up.
- Obtain approval on the proposed scope and prioritise changes.
- Continuously keep the project team informed as to the project’s purpose, background, scope, requirements, and important issues.
Resource / Team Management
- Identify and manage overall project resources / team and ensure project deliverables stay on time, budget and target.
- Identify project risks and critical paths and manage mitigation process with project team and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Development is preferred but not essential.
- Project Management certification.
- Expert skill in the use of Jira for complex projects.
- Ability to customise project management processes, tools, and templates as required for the project.
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple concurrent projects.
Continuous Improvement & Reporting
- Develop & implement continuous improvement strategy for project management (quality, time, cost control).
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of projects and team activities.
- Follow development process and project management best practices, and drive their continuous improvement.
- Identify, appropriately escalate, and ensure resolution of issues
- Ensure systems & software are up to date daily.
- Technical teams, Senior Management, and Administrative staff
Key Skills & Experience:
Key Performance indicators:
- On budget and timely project delivery to clients
- 4+ years experience in a similar software development organisation
- Project Management qualification
- Preferably Bachelor’s Degree in Software Development
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with all departments and at all levels of the organization, including senior management, and strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple concurrent projects
Ideal Experience skills:
- Experience leading, motivating, and managing various project and program team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding the team accountable for performance.
- Strong team leadership and mentoring, diplomatic and motivational skills
- Technically competent with various project management software, including, Jira, Scrum Master, Workflowmax / Budget tracking
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, and presentation) and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff, as well as senior management.
- Ability to building and maintain client relationships by establishing credibility, problem-solving, building consensus, and achieving objectives.
- Research best practices within and outside the organisation to establish benchmark data and use continuous improvement disciplines to achieve results.
- Business acumen
- Can cope with ambiguity and the changing environment of a high growth business
Please email your CV to email@example.com or call us on 0800 110 302 to find out more!